Zeke

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

waiting

Tonight at group we talked about waiting. Again, with my hormones amuck, I had a crying evening. We listened to part of a sermon by Rick Atchley. He talked about this need to hurry and how we are an instant gratification society. Which line is the shortest, why is this guy driving so slow, where is that pizza, it's late! We want things how we want them, when we want them. I am completely guilty of that. I come home and see this on Taylor's blog:
"God has not run out of wonders where we are concerned, Beloved. We have not seen the last great work of God in our lives. You and I will never move to the next level with God if we're scared half to death of what awaits us. On this mysterious pilgrimage we will find that when we do meet difficulties and sorrows, they were not meant to stop us but to form the character required for our great harvest in the coming season. Step into your future, Precious One. Something wonderful awaits you." (Stepping Up by Beth Moore)
It spoke volumes. I can't allow myself to start doubting God. As the girls in group constantly remind me, God doesn't want me to be in this situation. He is allowing it for a time, and for a purpose. So now how do I move to the "next level" as Beth Moore says? Take it a day at a time I guess. So tomorrow is day one. With everything I do, I am going to ask God, "how can I glorify you right now?" If I can try as hard to praise him, as I do worrying about me for one whole day, maybe I can do it for 2. Or 3. Or more. And hopefully, not only will it take me one step closer to God, but one step closer to the happiness and peace I've lost.
Thanks Taylor. And thanks Hannah girls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rach, that's really awesome. I'm so glad that Taylor had those words and that they spoke to you. I'm comforted in knowing that you are working toward finding your peace in all of these hard times. I love you and I'm still praying!

Rebecca said...

I love that...I have some Beth Moore studies, but I've never taken the time to do them. I think that once we move and I get them out of storage, I need to sit down and work them out.

Sheila Fairly said...

Rachel, you are so mature beyond your years. I am always blessed by what you have to say.
I am so thrilled about your results yesterday and am confidently awaiting the results from your test tomorrow!