Zeke

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

ode to Tanya

With all of my treatments, I have had so much to tell you about that single aspect of my life and have left out so much of what else goes on! I thought it was about time I paid tribute to a little lady who has been waiting there in the wings for me every moment of the past 9 months.
TANYA WILSON!!!
Tanya and I have been friends for several years now, as our husbands were roommates when we were dating them. In fact, I saw Tanya's engagement ring on the day Jake bought it. I joke with Tanya about being my back-up best friend, but she really has been working hard to fill that roll. From sitting with me in the bathroom while I cried one Sunday back in January to letting me ditch my plans with her multiple time last week, she never complains and always shows up when I need her. Tanya was with me the night before my pregnancy test. Tanya was with me while I was hooked up to IVs when I got dehydrated. Tanya was there when I got the call that I may lose the baby. And Tanya was ready to run away with us later that week, but was even more ready to let me cancel mere minutes before we were to leave.
For those of you who don't know Tanya, there is something more you should know. She has so much on her plate, so much to whine about and so much to be down about, but she always makes time for her friends. She always can put someone else before herself and I admire that so much about her. She is only 23 and has had to parent her parents for way too long. Now she carries a full work schedule on top of a full school schedule containing multiple art courses (which take at least 5 times as much time as other course studies.)
She is an amazing girl, and while she feels she can never catch up or compete to be my BFF, she is so dear to me and always will be. We are in such different places in life that I know we may never be tied at the hip, but I love the effort she puts into me and aspire to do the same for her.
Love you Tanya!!!

1 comment:

Jake and Tanya Wilson said...

You are too kind!
;o)
And just when I was starting to feel guilty that I haven't called or texted you this past week!
THANK YOU! :o)