Zeke

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

happies and sads

well, after a few more days to digest the possibilities, I have to say that I am doing much better. Joe is joking about it a lot more (a good sign) and I havent severely cried over it in almost 2 weeks! I do find myself getting teary over little things tho...lyrics to a song, walking through the cute baby clothes at a shop with Mom and my girlfriends, seeing pregnant women at the supermarket.

But things aren't all sad. There are lots of joys getting me through right now. So here are just a few to prove I'm not as distraught as I could be...

1. We went to see my BFF's new house in Granbury and it is nothing short of AMAZING. I know where I'll be spending my summer this year! It is one of the most gorgeous houses I have ever set foot in and it is inspiring Joe and I to get on a better budget and start saving for our future awesome home!

2. My kids from Art Club and I are taking part in a big parade in Fort Worth in 2 weeks. We are the youngest of 900 kids participating and we are going to be Jungle Animals. Our masks are so cool...they are made out of packing tape, paint, tissue paper and glue. WOW. Who knew you could do so much with tape? We have 2 lions, 2 monkeys, 2 elephants, a zebra, tiger, giraffe, toucan, hippo and rhino. Here are a few of my favorites...
We are marching on March 8th, so be looking for future posts on that! We are makign costumes next week that the kids designed!

3. We have been doing a study on Wednesday nights called INTIMATE ISSUES. If you have never read this and you are a young married woman, I HIGHLY recommend it. And your husband will LOVE that you read it too. It is about what God intends for sex in your marriage and it has been a wonderful 11 weeks with the girls from my young marrieds class. We laugh so much and have really learned a lot about being better wives to our husbands. I have had a big smile each week tho, as I think about what a blessing my husband is. Last night a friend was saying in class how my husband has made her husband want to be better at loving her, cuz he sees how Joe treats and loves me when we are with them. Awww. Good Joey!


4. I am being so supported by people both here and far away that it makes it hard for me to not thing positively about my baby prognosis. There is no part of me that thinks this won't happen for us. There is no part of me that fears God won't bless us. I find myself wanting more and more faith with each passing day and I'm excited to see where he takes me along this journey. A new blog friend of mine has recently prevailed over this same struggle and she has encouraged me more than I can say. Her words uplift me when I'm feeling down and I keep going back to read them again and again. So thanks Taylor!

I leave you with lyrics (yet again) that made me cry this week. Some songs you've heard so many times you don't think about the words any more. I grew up listening to the Beatles but never paid attention to the words I guess. Jaime, thanks for the CD. This song is on perpetual repeat in my car...

LET IT BE

"And when the sky is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me. Shine until tomorrow...let it be. I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary (or GOD) comes to me, speaking words of wisdom. LET IT BE."

I'll let this be. And it WILL be alright in the end.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachel-
I went through infertility to have Brianna. I was so discouraged. I got to where I was asking why an awful lot. Then I put it in God's hands. When it was time, we had Brianna! When she was 2 I had to have a hysterectomy. That has been almost 4 years ago. I still live in the what if's. What if I had just hung in a little longer. I know nothing would have changed. Maybe there is a child waiting to be a part of our family, only God knows.

Unknown said...

I will keep you and Joe in my prayers!

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

It is so wonderful to read your blog and hear how upbeat you are about everything. I know that God is going to use your struggles to inspire others going through the same thing. I know I already sent you this, but the quote that I love: Faith: A conviction that he CAN and a hope that he Will. And He WILL Rachel! Praying for ya!

stephen b said...

I still can't think of Let It Be without thinking of me and Matt singing it at Encounter talent show try outs and being told no by David phrase after he looked at my Green Day shirt that said "EAT YOUR PARENTS" and asked me "Do your mom and dad know you wear that shirt."

Sorry to derail.

stephen b said...

I still can't think of Let It Be without thinking of me and Matt singing it at Encounter talent show try outs and being told no by David phrase after he looked at my Green Day shirt that said "EAT YOUR PARENTS" and asked me "Do your mom and dad know you wear that shirt."

Sorry to derail.

Christina said...

Hey girl I've been waiting on an email from you with updates about baby stuff and realized I should have just checked your blog a long time ago. I'm sorry for all that you are going through. I know I can't relate personally but I have SO SO SO many friends who have had infertilty issues and I've seen their pain and every single one of those friends have adorable babies/toddlers they love on now. Don't give up! You guys are in our prayers.
P.S. Your new preacher interviewed at our church when we were still in Richmond. His wife and I talked for a long time- she was real sweet. Hope they are loving it there!
Christina

amy said...

I love you so much and we pray for you everday! And you better be at my house all summer if you know what's good for you. We aren't ready to let go yet!