Zeke

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 04, 2007

wedding fun

PREFACE...I tried to post on Thursday with another YouTube hillarious moment, but the new blogger won't accept it. So if you are interested...look up "30 Rock harmonizing" on YouTube for a funny moment involving a very geeky white guy singing "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" with Tracy Morgan. SO FUNNY!
Now, onto the main blog event!

Last night we went to another in a long list of Woodland West weddings. Folks, in the little over 2 years that I have been at this church, this is the 10th wedding. Yeah! TENTH! Isn't that crazy? So this particular wedding was the merging of 2 fairly wealthy families, so we expected a grand affair...and it was a beautiful evening. They were married at the Maddox Muse building (part of Bass Hall) in a large square room. The seating was around a huge alter (think Meet the Parents) where Hayley and Aaron stood, right in the middle. Great idea, right? It really WAS a unique way to hold the ceremony, but there were a few snafoos here and there. Like...special friends were to be seated with the family...but they didn't tell the special friends so we ended up in "restricted viewing." (Disappointing since the Varneys were "special friends" of the groom.) The bride and her father couldn't fit through the aisle together. Too tight a fit. It ended up being a little disorganized since we couldn't actually rehearse in THAT bldg. (Another wedding was taking place the night of the rehearsal.) But all in all...really beautiful.
The reception was fun for several reasons. #1. I have befriended my best bud (Amy's) best friend from college and we got to laugh and chat a while. #2. I ran into my friend Becky (who I backpacked with that summer) and her now FIANCE...yep. They got engaged on Friday night. She works with Hayley, so they were there as well. #3. They had a DJ and dancing. Let me tell you, it's impossible to NOT have fun with the Varney boys dancing.

We stayed till after 10 laughing and celebrating. Here are some pics from the night.

1 comment:

The Best Family said...

you guys are just a super cute couple! I like your new hair do! The bangs look good on you... I guess it may actually not be a "new" hairdo, but it is new to me... whatever... I think it is cute on ya!