Zeke

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 14, 2007

Ukraine

For those of you just catching up on the Varney life, let me tell you about my next great adventure....Mission Ukraine!
I am going with a small group from church to Mariupol, Ukraine this June to teach English in the LST model...teach English by way of the gospels. I am erally excited because 3 of my best girlfriends from the young married group are going also, so we are now a little posse of fundraising fiends!
This past Saturday we had a garage sale to raise some money. Joe and one of his pals had passed along a little pun we enjoyed so we turned it into a t-shirt opportunity. See if you can figure out what the back of the shirt says before scrolling on...


NEED A HINT? That's MC Hammer bustin' a move right there!


Come on, think! THINK MC HAMMER SONGS!

Here's a group pic before I get to the punchline...


You ready for this??? Here's the back:


Awesome, right? I know..we are SO FUNNY!

But seriously, we got some much needed money for our flights and Amy (gal in purple) and I are working hard on some other plans that coincide. She and I are going to take a little detour on the way home and tour Italy for a week. I know, Mel...can't be jealous of anyone else getting to travel EVER again, right? I know. But better take advantage before there are little Varneys to contend with. Just making good use of my time!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

You ARE funny! :) I look forward to hearing more about your trip.

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Ya'll are too funny. I'm so glad ya'll are going to Ukraine. My dad went one year and he loved it! I know you will do some great things there!