Zeke

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 18, 2010

inspiration

I have been asked by 2 friends to help with their baby nursery designs this week. I have painted at a friends house in her entryway. I have painted my own baby's room and am helping make decisions on Amy's. The paint ideas are flying all over the place! It's been so long since I was able to paint that I am overloaded with things I want to do! I've been playing with some ideas to change up my bedroom and living room, but haven't decided for sure what I want. I was scouring the internet today and found some things I really want to play with! Here's the best of what I looked at.

This one was done with paper in a guest room, but I like the idea of doing it with paint. Maybe in one color but different values on an accent wall. It could be VERY cool!

This diamond design was acutally on Home Depot's site. I love the harlequin idea and being in a different color than black and white makes it super cool.

This idea was done by painting over labels cut to look like silhouettes. I love the idea of a gridded wall, but this was an interesting take on the same idea. Would be cute in a kids room with bright colors and cars, trains and boats instead of people.

And these are all the chalkboard paint ideas! A globe??? Could be really cool in my art room! And I am dying to make these calendars! They are really sleek and different! I dont have a pic of it, but I also have an old door I am painting in chalkboard paint to put in the entry with colored chalks. That way visitors can write a message!


Where do I start?? I am playing with paint we still have right now, before I buy some new colors. I am working on wide stripes in our bedroom and thinking through some ideas for the living room. hmmmmm....

No comments: