Zeke

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My water broke

Yep. It's true. My water broke today. No, I'm not in labor. My water isn't working in my classroom! I went to turn on the water this morning and nothing happened! Luckily, I had all my paint buckets filled and ready for the day already. (I did some prep the afternoon before). Also luckily, my classes that were doing printmaking did not require water to be refreshed (no rinsing brushes or anything in those buckets.) Furthermore, it was lucky that my 2 classes doing this project today were my 2 most weel behaved 2nd graders. They could be trusted to do tissue paper bleeds, black ink prints and go wash their hands in the bathroom down the hall without me standing with them every step and monitoring their every move. They even came back in quietly and got to work on the post-printing activities. Good kiddos! My water is still broken and no idea when I will get it back. Hard doing art with no sink!
This afternoon I was thinking, "My water broke" and realized the irony in that. If Baby Varney #1 had made it to term, my water would have broken today. It was my due date. God sure was showing his sense of humor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you girl!