Zeke

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2008

It's always something...

We were due to meet with Dr. Kevin again tomorrow at 3:30, but have been cancelled. What a surprise, right? We are now due to see him on Friday at 4:30. Pray for peace. Pray for a plan. Pray for a possibility. We need them all.

Saturday I was very blessed by my sweet mother in law. She called together many women from our church and families to come and pray with me and share faith stories from their own lives. It was amazing the feelings that were welling inside me when these ladies prayed over me and spoke so candidly about their own struggles. I am confident that God has this in control. I am confident that it will all be okay in the end. But the interim, the walking blindly with no end in sight...it's really hard. There is no sure footing so we are walking so slowly and carefully. I want to just jump and land on the other side! So...more to come on that soon.

This week has really been wonderful in spite of our trials. I was able to spend lots of time with my best friend Amy and with my new BFF Tanya. I found an old CD from my childhood that cracks me up (who else listened to AVB? "What's your tag say?" Anyone? We recieved over $800 back from property taxes this year (not income taxes, PROPERTY! God keeps sending us monetary blessings over and over...which is good since we are paying a lot out of pocket right now.) I bought a bunch of beautiful flowers at wholesale prices (of course they got hailed on,but...) I led a very popular booth at Science night at school, and I keep coming back to my new favorite movie, ENCHANTED. What could be cuter than this concept? I love old Disney, I love musicals, I love New York. It's just the best. And the song "that's how you know," It just makes me smile every time! Especially when James Marsden yells "Giselle!" and bites his fist. Awesome! If you haven't seen this, you have to! It will make you feel like a little girl again.

So...the world is still turning, and I am still taking it one day at a time. God will provide. Baby Varney...coming sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. :)

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Rach,

I used to listen to What's Your Tag Say?, too. It's a classic! I also really liked Enchanted. Your description has me laughing at it all over again.

I'm praying for you this morning.

Love,

Elisa